1. We have the use of a functioning car (and we now have all the relevant keys for it too).
2. The snow has mostly gone here, and no more snow is forecast either here or in Cambridge.
3. The mystery temperature that baby developed last night seems to have gone down (she is still in a foul mood, but from the constant whining and copious dribbling I suspect imminent TEETH rather than anything contagious).
Consequently I think we're actually going to try to make that trip TOMORROW ie Saturday 11th February.
The plan remains the same as the first time: we'll aim to get to the Carlton Arms at around 12:30 for lunch; after lunch we'll head towards Hope Street Yard to try out bikes (hopefully with claerwen too!).
We will be bringing a Moses basket for rmc28. If anybody wants us to ferry anything (within reason!) from Cambridge to Oxford, we will have space in the car on the way back, as we won't be buying a cargo bike on the day (or rather if we do we'll be asking them to deliver it for us).
I will post to my journal before 10am tomorrow if we're not going to travel after all because of snow/baby/etc; if you don't see anything, assume we're going to get there. Unless there's been an alien invasion or a terrorist attack or something, in which case, RUN FOR THE HILLS*.
* Warning: Cambridge may not contain any actual hills