1. We Built This City ... Starship
Hey, I like this track. I don't think I do own it, but that's an oversight.
After this unpromising start, I find that I don't actually own many of these at all:
2. Achy Breaky Heart ... Billy Ray Cyrus
3. Everybody Have Fun Tonight ... Wang Chung
4. Rollin' ... Limp Bizkit
5. Ice Ice Baby ... Vanilla Ice
6. The Heart of Rock & Roll ... Huey Lewis and the News
7. Don't Worry, Be Happy ... Bobby McFerrin
8. Party All the Time ... Eddie Murphy
9. American Life ... Madonna
10. Ebony and Ivory ... Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
11. Invisible ... Clay Aiken
12. Kokomo ... The Beach Boys
13. Illegal Alien ... Genesis
14. From a Distance ... Bette Midler
Oh, okay. I taped the Greatest Hits of Bette Midler from a CD at the library, because I wanted a copy of "The Wind Beneath my Wings".
15. I'll Be There for You ... The Rembrandts
16. What's Up? ... 4 Non Blondes
Um, my dad taped Bigger, Better, Faster, More (the album) from a library CD. I listened to it once. Does this count?
17. Pumps and a Bump ... Hammer
18. You're the Inspiration ... Chicago
19. Broken Wings ... Mr. Mister
20. Dancing on the Ceiling ... Lionel Richie
21. Two Princes ... Spin Doctors
"Little Miss Can't-Be-Wrong" and "Jimmy Olsen's Blues" were much better versions of the Spin Doctors' only hit.
22. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)
23. Sunglasses at Night ... Corey Hart
24. Superman ... Five for Fighting
25. I'll Be Missing You ... Puff Daddy
26. The End ... The Doors
27. The Final Countdown ... Europe
I bought this. On 7" single. About four years ago. I like it!
28. Your Body Is a Wonderland ... John Mayer
29. Breakfast at Tiffany's ... Deep Blue Something
Um, I got my sister to include this on a compilation that she did for me of selections from Now n (27? 28?).
30. Greatest Love of All ... Whitney Houston
31. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm ... Crash Test Dummies
32. Will 2K ... Will Smith
33. Barbie Girl ... Aqua
No, but I love this track. It's great.
34. Longer ... Dan Fogelberg
35. Shiny Happy People ... R.E.M.
36. Make Em Say Uhh! ... Master P featuring Silkk, Fiend, Mia-X and Mystikal
37. Rico Suave ... Gerardo
38. Cotton Eyed Joe ... Rednex
39. She Bangs ... Ricky Martin (NOT William Hung)
40. I Wanna Sex You Up ... Color Me Badd
41. We Didn't Start the Fire ... Billy Joel
42. The Sounds of Silence ... Simon & Garfunkel
Yes! The whole album! (Pedant points to bopeepsheep for spotting the single/album singular/plural thing.) I love it. It's one of my all-time favourite albums. Somebody tell me why this is in the "worst songs ever" list?
43. Follow Me ... Uncle Kracker
44. I'll Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meatloaf
I think this is on one of those godawful "Greatest Whatever in the world ever" albums I got cheap somewhere. Maybe.
45. Mesmerize ... Ja Rule featuring Ashanti
46. Hangin' Tough ... New Kids on the Block
47. The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You ... Bryan Adams
48. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da ... The Beatles
Only accidentally, because I've got all the Beatles' albums on vinyl.
49. I'm Too Sexy ... Right Said Fred
Aw, come on. I think I have this on tape somewhere, but it was, y'know, a product of its times. And our youth club sang it on karaoke once.
50. My Heart Will Go On
I, um. I bought a pirate copy of a Celine Dion album just for this song. And I bought the piano music for it. Clearly I have no taste.
This isn't the worst songs ever, though, by any means: where's "Carry My Urn to Ukraine"?