1. What is your middle name?
Elaine, which is also the middle name of my aunt (my dad's big sister Lesley).
2. If you had been born the other sex, did your parents tell you what your name would have been?
Fraser. I really like it; I've actually thought of changing my name to that. Which would probably be silly, but never mind.
My dad wanted to call me Morag. Fortunately, my mum talked him out of it. (No offence to any Morags who may be reading, but honestly, "Morag McKnight"?)
3. Do you have children and if so, what are their names?
N/A ("what a strange name for a child", ho ho)
4. If you were to ever have a child or more children, what would you name them?
I think that'd depend on lots of things; the child itself, for one (though I think people grow into their names, and if you waited until your child had a fully-formed personality before trying to give it a name that fit, it might never have a name at all!). It'd also depend on the person I was having the child with; it'd have to be a name we both liked/agreed on/could pronounce. :) Also, some of the names I like now might turn out to be the names of prominent pop stars / serial killers / what-EVER a few years down the line, which might change my mind about some names.
5. Most people know their mother's maiden name, but do you know your grandmother's maiden name?
Maternal grandmother: Baud
Paternal grandmother: Kew (she had a previous husband before my grandfather, but I don't know what her married name was then).
6. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?
Don't think so. I sort of believed the Care Bears were real, though.
7. What was the name of your first pet?
Ace. He(? it) was a goldfish I won at the fair, by throwing darts at playing cards; if you hit an ace, you won a fish. Hence the name. My then boyfriend wanted me to call it Chips, but I thought that was a bit unkind.
8. What was the name of the first person you ever kissed?
Depending on what counts as a kiss (blah, blah, blah) probably Alastair Beresford.
9. What was the name of the school you attended as a child?
Felbridge Primary School, East Grinstead
Queensgate Primary School, Bramhall
Greenbank Primary School, Cheadle Hulme
Burton on the Wolds County Primary School
Loughborough High School for Girls
10. What was/is the name of your English teacher in high school?
first year: Mrs Griffiths
second-fifth years: Miss Wassell
sixth form: Mrs Griffiths again, hurrah
*teenage crushy sigh*
11. Do you name your vehicles? What are the name(s)?
pto452 is called Patricia, and I'm neglecting her terribly badly at the moment. :-( New car doesn't have a name.